The aim of the TBAP Teaching School Alliance is to develop skilled practitioners and leaders; delivering tried and tested models of school improvement through outstanding CPD and school-to-school support to improve the life chances of learners.
Our vision is to build a strong partnership of schools, PRUs and AP academies to collaborate with each other, share innovative practice, new models of learning and best practice in order to ensure our most vulnerable learners can thrive. We firmly believe that AP, as a sector, has a wealth of knowledge to offer.
• To provide support for schools in challenging circumstances
• To designate and deploy SLEs
• To provide opportunities for teachers to complete their initial training in a high-quality AP setting
• To provide a range of specialist CPD services to internal and external colleagues
• To seek opportunities for and engage with research and development
• To develop a strong network of AP settings to share best practice and refine expertise
• To continue to develop innovative provision in Alliance schools
• To support schools with developing strong leaders and effective succession plans via our CPD programme
Our Driving Force
We listen to our learners, seeking to understand their ‘journey’ and any difficulties in their lives that make engagement a challenge
Starting At Great
For our learners there is no ‘good enough’, we are committed to being exceptional in every respect
Success For Learners By Any Means
We design and adapt so that success for young people is a non-negotiable